Grounded Permaculture Action Party updated their cover photo.
5 days ago
Grounded Permaculture Action Party's cover photo ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
The intention of this statement is to clarify our organisation's approach to the health and well being of our members attending our annual Grounded Gathering 2020 in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The core crew behind the gathering have decided to continue ahead with the event after considering the official advice and recommendations of the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Australian Government and the QLD Government.
In addition to our general risk management plan, the following outlines our approach to this pandemic;
- In line with the WHO recommendations we ask everyone that has registered for the event to stay home if you feel unwell (especially if you have travelled overseas in the last 14 days). We respect the choices of those that are not sick to not attend to minimise their own personal risk (and that of their close friends and family) and will happily offer a full refund to anyone that cannot come for these reasons.
- We ensure everyone that attends the gathering is aware that even though as an organisation we maintain best practice when it comes to health and hygiene (and we have never had a poor-health outbreak at one of our events) we are all ultimately individually responsible for our own health and well being and attend the gathering at our own risk.
- When people arrive we ask them how they are feeling - anyone showing cold/flu like symptoms are sent home immediately and offered a full refund.
- Anyone that feels cold/flu like symptoms during the event are to notify core roots crew immediately, they are to take extra precautions to minimise the spread and are not to work in the kitchen. They are to be closely monitored. If a fever, cough and difficulty breathing develop they are to leave site and seek medical attention immediately.
- During the gathering we are placing extra emphasis on good hygiene practices (ie washing hands with soap/sanitizer and running water) - and have taken the extra step to spray everyone’s hands with tea-tree before meals.
- During the gathering we are placing extra emphasis on respecting people's wishes to avoid personal contact - this includes shaking hands and hugging.
We believe that with these risk management practices in place we can create a space that is happy, healthy and safe for all who attend.
Meanwhile on site the gathering has kicked off incredibly and we are blessed with double rainbows!
See you on the G-Floor! ... See MoreSee Less