To regenerate our sacred connection to country, community and culture.
A world where we live in harmony with the Earth, ourselves and each other.
A world where we nurture and celebrate the spirit of permanent culture.
| – Community-Oriented
| – Innovative
| – Accessible
| – Peaceful
WE USE THE ETHICS AND PRINCIPLES OF PERMACULTURE TO GUIDE OUR ACTIONS 🌿…
========OUR CORE VALUES========
EARTH CARE (ENVIRONMENT and COUNTRY)
- We show reverence and respect for the Land and its living history.
- We believe in celebrating and working in harmony with the cycles of nature.
- We honour and respect all living things.
- We leave a positive trace, based in reciprocity, as we move across the landscape.
- We work in ways that rebuild natural capital.
- We support local, ethical and regenerative producers.
- We use and value renewable resources.
- We aim to create zero waste in all of our activities.
- We embrace seasonality and sustainability when it comes to our food.
- We acknowledge and celebrate the beauty and abundance that always surrounds us.
PEOPLE CARE (MEMBERS and COMMUNITY)
- We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this Country and their connection to it.
- We respect our Elders, and our children.
- We provide opportunities for our members to flourish into their full potential.
- We communicate with honesty, love and respect.
- We cultivate a healthy group ecology that honours the unique gifts and offerings of all.
- We offer a holistic approach to wellness – one which nourishes mind, body and soul/spirit.
- We remain curious, open-minded and recogniscent of cognitive bias.
- We encourage initiative, self-reliance and personal responsibility.
- We engage and partner with people and organisations who share common values.
- We encourage and value feedback – to catch and store inspiration, and to help us grow.
- We believe in educating, encouraging and empowering change makers.
FUTURE CARE (ECONOMY and CULTURE)
- We are a financially-healthy, adaptable and transparent not-for-profit organisation.
- We embrace an integrated paradigm approach when it comes to organisational structure.
- We maintain positive momentum through clear, focussed and purposeful action.
- We creatively and efficiently respond to change.
- We foster a culture of voluntary contributionism and self-responsibility, founded in collective trust
- We value access over ownership and encourage symbiotic exchange.
- We encourage self-reliance, and actively contribute to the regenerative economy.
- We set limits on consumption, and adopt a philosophy of fair share.
- We believe in the power of Indigenous story, knowledge and wisdom, in keeping culture alive.
- We treasure our unique culture and know that it is integral to our future success.
- We invest time, energy, patience and love into raising the next generation of Earthkeepers.
- We maintain a universal perspective and can laugh at ourselves and the grande cosmic joke that is life.